While you're researching family history, Bygone Montanans, a new blog, is live again and leads visitors to past generations. Its goal is to help you trace your lineage, locate and learn about ancestors, discover the forces that motivated them, and to learn how they lived their lives -- as told in their own words in the trilogy Behind These Mountains, Vols. I, II, & III.
How to use the online blog:
- Use name labels to jump to excerpt with the name of one of the hundreds of people who passed through, sojourned in, prospected, explored, labored, or homesteaded in or around the Clark's Fork and Bull River valleys in western Sanders County, Montana, between the 1860s to early 1930s who is featured in the trilogy.
- Up to 20 indexed names will be published, at frequent intervals, in an excerpt, and a historic picture if available.
- When you find a family tie on the Bygone Montanans blog, please leave a comment, contact information, and share a memory to grow your family tree!
- The freebie links to each volume, has archives and labels that make it easy to jump to chapters and to alphabetically indexed surnames in each volume.
- Option to begin at Introduction and click link at the end, to the next chapter.
- Kindle books include new material and hundreds of exclusive historical photographs not in original books, or in the online freebie editions.
- Kindle books are easily searchable.
- Photographs are easily enlarged to view details.
- Photographs can be copied and printed for personal enjoyment.